ALLAN B. ENGEN NURSE SCHOLARSHIP
The North Dakota Long Term Care Association (NDLTCA) is honored to be able to provide scholarships to assist qualified students who wish to further their education and practice in the long term care profession. This program is offered in memory of Allan B. Engen. Mr. Engen was Executive Director of North Dakota Long Term Care Association from 1979 to 1989. All long term care facility employees interested in becoming a nurse, (LPN or RN) are eligible to apply. Several $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to qualified students interested in a career in long term care . The funds for nurse scholarships are primarily raised through the annual “Fun Run”, held in conjunctions with the NDLTCA Annual Convention. The “Fun Run” is an annual walk/run where individuals of all ages raise dollars and make donations in support of nurse scholarships. The vast majority of all funds raised go directly to nursing scholarships.
- Currently employed in a NDLTCA member facility and recommended by that facility.
- Proof of acceptance into a nursing education program approved by the ND Board of Nursing.
- Two letters of recommendation required. One must be completed by the Director of Nursing or Administrator of the referring facility.
(All recommendations must be submitted on the standard recommendation form utilized or the applicant will be disqualified.)
- Application form must be typed.
- Completed application and supporting documentation must be received in one package by the NDLTCA office no later than 1:00 p.m. CST on April 1, 2024. (Recommendations mailed separately from applications will not be accepted).
- SPRING scholarship award winners must provide proof of completion for the Spring Semester by May 10, 2024
Questions or for more information contact Carol at 701-354-9777.