Volunteer of the Year
At NDLTCA's 40th Annual Convention in Bismarck, NDLTCA will honor volunteers who have made significant contributions to the quality of life of long term care residents. Following are the requirements for nominations for volunteers of the year.
Volunteer Categories: (all nominees must have served in your facility for at least one year before being nominated!)
- Adult: An individual 20 years of age or older. (Adult duos...husband & wife, mother & daughter, father & son....would be nominated as a Group.)
- Young Adult: An individual 19 years of age or younger.
- Group: A non-profit organization, club or group of two or more that has provided volunteer services or participated in a series of activities with a facility's residents. The group should have contributed to the mental, social, and emotional well being of residents.
All nominees must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Nominations in each category must be submitted by Friday, February 3, 2017. You can fax nomination forms to 701-223-0977, e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail them (postmarked by 2-3-17) to NDLTCA, 1900 N. 11th St, Bismarck, ND 58501.
- Candidates for the awards must be nominated by a NDLTCA member facility;
- Volunteers must have served in a member facility for at least one year;
- Volunteer activities must contribute to the emotional, social, and mental well-being of residents;
- If a facility nominated a winning candidate last year, the facility is not eligible to nominate in the same category this year but may nominate in the other categories.
- Volunteers involvement in activities which demonstrate that the volunteer helps residents realize their potential;
- Volunteers length and frequency of service; n Volunteers role in initiating new programs for residents; and
- Volunteers contacts outside the facility which enhance the image of the long term care profession.
Recognition of Recipients:
To show volunteer winners how much we, as a profession, appreciate their efforts on behalf of long term care residents, NDLTCA will make the awards presentations at our convention. Details on this process will be sent to the award recipients shortly after they are notified of their selection.
Member Facility Role:
Please encourage your staff to use this opportunity to show their appreciation for the contributions made by long term care volunteers.
Nominations can be submitted to:
Mail to: 1900 N. 11th Street, Bismarck, ND 58501 (postmarked by 2-3-17)
Fax to: 701-223-0977
E-mail to: email@example.com