Job Openings List
CaringJobsND is your resource for types of caregiver positions and employment opportunities. They are here to help answer any questions you may have on these types of occupations. For more information, contact them today at 1-855-GO-2-LINK (1-855-462-5465) and select option 3 for the Direct Workforce Coordinator. You can also visit their website at www.caringjobs.nd.gov.
Director of Human Resources
Missouri Slope Lutheran Care Center
40 hours per week
8:00am – 4:30pm
Additional evening and weekend hours as necessary
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
- Direct the operations of the Human Resources Department
- Oversight of professional development programs
- Development and implementation of personnel policies within the organization
- Oversight of Payroll & Benefit Administration
- Oversight of the Safety & Health Programs
- Collaborate with President/CEO, Vice President/CFO, Vice President of Resident Services, and Department Directors on human resource issues
- Oversight of planning and development of recruitment and retention of employees
- Oversight of personnel records management
- A bachelor’s degree with five years HR management experience
- Certified in Human Resource Management (SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP, or SHRM-CP)
- Master’s degree in HR, Business, or related field is desirable
- Business Acumen
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Critical Evaluation
- Ethical Practice
- HR Expertise
- Relationship Management
- Change Management
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility. Identifies appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
- Recommend processes to promote employee satisfaction and retention.
- Oversee personnel records including application, resume, job performance and medical files.
- Communicate changes in the organization’s personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Review, analyze and update job descriptions and assist other departments as needed.
- Complete QAPI studies for the Human Resource Department and report to the QAPI committee.
- Oversee the Safety & Health Manager in coordinating the Safety, VPP and Wellness programs, providing guidance and direction in policy, procedures, training and implementation of procedures to meet safety standards and requirements. In the absence of the Safety Manager is responsible for completing the all safety duties or delegating them out appropriately. .
- Oversee the Workers Compensation process, including claims management, Return to Work Program, Incident Analysis, WSI Incentive Programs, OSHA compliance and reporting.
- Prepare quarterly reports for QAPI Committee and as requested by CEO.
- Provide information and referral to Employee Assistance Program as needed.
- Provide guidance to the Employee Attendance Reporting process.
- Oversee the Employee Performance Review process through HealthStreams and respond to development needs of Managers.
- Manage the budget and other financial measures of the HR department.
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
EMPLOYEE LAW ISSUES
- Analyze, review, develop and implement current personnel policies.
- Maintain Personnel Policy and Procedure manual.
- Instruct Department Directors regarding personnel policies and procedures.
- Oversight of unemployment claims and hearings.
- Oversight of Employment Law Regulations including, but not limited to ADA, Unemployment, FMLA and Workers Compensation.
- Provide oversight to investigation process and conduct investigation related to labor law issues.
- Oversight of disciplinary action policies and procedures and assistance to Department Directors as needed.
- Interpret and implement pertinent regulations.
- Oversee the maintenance of the OSHA 300 Log; analyze trends and communicate to administration
EMPLOYEE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Provide leadership to MSLCC’s Mission integration efforts.
- Oversee new employee on-boarding process & orientation
- Provide resource and direction to Department Managers related to hiring and orientation of new employees.
- Participate in analysis of organizational performance and assist in developing strategies for enhancement of overall organizational work-group effectiveness, i.e. educational experiences, etc.
- Provide training on personnel policies and procedures and assist with implementation as needed.
- Collaborate with licensing boards and registration entities.
- Attend workshops and meetings related to Human Resources scope of practice, employee law, workers compensation, safety, and long term care administration issues.
- Develop and maintain a human resource information system that meets the organization’s personnel information needs.
- Attend various departmental meetings periodically; receive feedback and provide information.
- Attend Department Managers and QAPI meetings regularly.
- Plan marketing strategies and processes to identify potential employees and to convey benefits.
- Participate in communications, public relations activities, arrange for an HR presence at job fairs with the community, the network of health care providers and human resource professionals.
- Promote employee relations.
- Oversee the Employee Recognition Program
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Care Center also reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Responsible to: President/CEO
To apply, submit an MSLCC employment application online at www.mslcc.com or at the front office.
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: October 22, 2017