ALLAN B. ENGEN NURSE SCHOLARSHIP
The North Dakota Long Term Care Association (NDLTCA), in order to assist qualified persons who wish to further their education and practice in the long term care profession, will award several $1,000 scholarships in 2016 for LPN or RN education. This program is offered in memory of Allan B. Engen. Mr. Engen was Executive Director of North Dakota Long Term Care Association from 1979 to 1989. All long term care facility employees interested in becoming a nurse, LPNs considering becoming RNs, or RNs wishing to further their education are eligible to apply.
- Currently employed in a NDLTCA member facility and recommended by that facility.
- Demonstrate proof of acceptance into a nursing education program approved by the Board of Nursing.
- Two letters of recommendation required. One must be completed by the Director of Nursing or Administrator of the referring facility.
(All recommendations must be submitted on the standard recommendation form utilized or the applicant will be disqualified.)
- Application form must be typed and all forms returned in one package and postmarked by September 1 of the year in which scholarship is requested. (Recommendations mailed separately from applications will not be accepted).
Questions or for more information contact Carol at 701-222-0660.
2016 Scholarship Winners:
- Sunshine Cook - Good Samaritan Society, Bismarck
- Alexis Kleven - Ave Maria Village, Jamestown, ND
- Amanda Mickelsen - Tioga Medical Center, Tioga, ND
- Amanda Nelson –Bethany Retirement Living, Fargo, ND
- Julie Nord - Maryhill Manor, Enderlin, ND
- Mercedes Ness - Villa Maria, Fargo, ND
- Michael Hammer - Souris Valley Care Center, Velva, ND
Allan B. Engen Nurse Scholarship forms: