ALLAN B. ENGEN NURSE SCHOLARSHIP
The North Dakota Long Term Care Association (NDLTCA), in order to assist qualified persons who wish to further their education and practice in the long term care profession, will award another several $1,000 scholarships in 2020 for LPN or RN education. This program is offered in memory of Allan B. Engen. Mr. Engen was Executive Director of North Dakota Long Term Care Association from 1979 to 1989. All long term care facility employees interested in becoming a nurse, LPNs considering becoming RNs, or RNs wishing to further their education are eligible to apply.
- Currently employed in a NDLTCA member facility and recommended by that facility.
- Demonstrate proof of acceptance into a nursing education program approved by the Board of Nursing.
- Two letters of recommendation required. One must be completed by the Director of Nursing or Administrator of the referring facility.
(All recommendations must be submitted on the standard recommendation form utilized or the applicant will be disqualified.)
- Application form must be typed. Completed application and supporting documentation must be received in one package by the NDLTCA office no later than 1:00 p.m. CST on August 28, 2020.
(Recommendations mailed separately from applications will not be accepted).
Questions or for more information contact Carol at 701-354-9777.
2019 Scholarship Winners:
- Sarah Bockheim, Wedgewood Manor, Cavalier
- Brooke Carik, Wedgewood Manor, Cavalier
- Sheree Ganje, St. Gabriel's Community, Bismarck
- Allison Hook, Griggs County Care Center, Cooperstown
- Alison Heuther, Rosewood on Broadway, Fargo
- Natalie Lawson, Elim Rehab and Care Center, Fargo
- Sheila Marie Ripplinger, Maryhill Manor, Enderlin
- Monica Rivers, Miller Pointe - A Prospera Community, Mandan
How is the Nurse Scholarship Program Funded?
The funds for nurse scholarships are primarily raised through the annual "Fun Run." An annual walk/run, individuals of all ages raise dollars and make donations in support of nurse scholarships. The vast majority of all funds raised go directly to nursing scholarships.
2019 Sponsor Members of the Fun Run
- Bill Barth
- Coaches Choice
- Choice Financial Group
- First United Bank
- Northern States Insurance
- Railway Credit Union
- Sanford Health
- Shelly and Wade Peterson
- St. Vincent's - a Prospera Community
- Star Committee - Park River
- Starion Bank
- Tammra Peterson
- Tom and Bev Herman
- University of Mary
Allan B. Engen Nurse Scholarship forms: