Quality Awards Workshop - Silver
10/07/2020 - 10/28/2020 Virtual
NDLTCA, in partnership with several state affiliates, presents a SILVER Quality Award virtual workshop series to help you better understand the Silver Award application criteria, scoring, and strategies for a successful 2021 application submission.
ABOUT THE AWARD
Bronze recipients have three years to apply for Silver from the year they received the Bronze award. Silver recipients outline their systematic approaches and demonstrate sustainable organizational and process results linked to their key customer requirements, success factors, and challenges.
This workshop is about more than an award; besides gaining a better understanding of what examiners are looking for and how to use the award criteria as an improvement tool, you will learn how to use the award process to focus, align, and accelerate your performance excellence efforts thus becoming a high performing organization.
Suggested participants for this workshop are administrators or executive directors and directors of nursing, along with other leadership team members- including owners. A team approach is the most effective method to develop your application in a manner that makes it your "management document" and not just an award application.
NHA: This program has been submitted (but not yet approved) for Continuing Education for 15 total participant hours from NAB/NCERS.
- Gain an understanding of the value of moving from Bronze recognition to Silver.
- Go behind the scenes of the assessment process to understand what examiners are looking for and why that is important- beyond an award application.
- Understand the details of the Baldrige process and results categories.
- Identify your organization's strengths and opportunities for improvement as you practice writing responses with the assistance of experienced examiners.
Glenn Bodinson, FACHE, founded BaldrigeCoach to help organizations improve their performance. BaldrigeCoach clients have won 23 Baldrige Awards. In the past nine years, 20 AHCA/NCAL Gold Quality Award recipients and more than 75 AHCA/NCAL Silver Award recipients have used the BaldrigeCoach system.
Kay Kendall spent more than 20 years as a quality executive leading large-scale change initiatives across diverse industries. From 2002 through 2005, Kay served on the Panel of Judges for the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Program after serving as an Examiner and Senior Examiner for the Program for six years. She continues to serve as a Mater Examiner for the program. She has been a facilitator of the national training for examiners since 1998. She was a Master Examiner and Team Leader for the AHCA/NCAL Quality Award from 2011 - 2015.
This workshop will be held virtually on Zoom over a series of sessions in October including October 7, 9, 16, 23, and 28. Participation in all sessions is required. Sessions will be held from 2-5 pm ET. 1-4 pm CST. Participants will be required to participate on video and audio.
BEFORE THE WORKSHOP
- Review your Bronze application and have a copy with you
- Review the eligibility requirements in the 2021 Silver Criteria and Application document to ensure you are eligible to apply
- Have a copy of the 2021 Silver Achievement in Quality Award Application & Criteria
- If you have previously applied for Silver and not won, send a copy of your application and feedback report to the faculty before class ([email protected]).
- Registration is limited to AHCA/NCAL members
- Registration is non-refundable, however substitutions are allowed up to 48 hours before the program
- Registration for a facility includes up to 2 participants. If you would like to request additional participants, please contact the association directly.
- Participation in this workshop does NOT guarantee award/renewal receipt by AHCA/NCAL
"The facility Administrator and I attended the educational session in preparation to create the 2020 Silver Award Application for Metron of Forest Hills. We found the session extremely helpful in explaining the application process and requirements, developing facility-specific answers, and aide in creating an initial draft of the application. The instructors were personable and welcoming to all who participated. I highly recommend attending the offered educational sessions