Quality Awards Workshop - Bronze
11/17/2020 - 11/18/2020 Virtual
If your organization has thought about participating in the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award program, this is your opportunity to complete the Bronze Award application from beginning to end with coaching support along the way from our expert facilitators.
This workshop is about more than an award; besides gaining a better understanding of what examiners are looking for and how to use the award criteria as an improvement tool, you will learn how to use the award process to focus, align, and accelerate your performance excellence efforts- becoming a high-performing organization.
ABOUT THE AWARD
The Bronze Award-Commitment to Quality is the first level in your performance excellence journey. The goal of this award is to provide applicants with the tools and resources they need to achieve performance improvement.
Suggested participants for this workshop are administrators or executive directors and directors of nursing, admission coordinators, along with other leadership team members- including owners. A team approach is the most effective method to develop your application in a manner that makes it your
"management document," and not just an award application.
NHA: This program has been submitted (but not yet approved) for Continuing Education for 4 total participant hours from NAB/NCERS.
- Understand the AHCA/NCAL Bronze Quality Award process.
- Gain an understanding of the value of participating in the Quality Award process.
- Go "behind the scenes" of the assessment process to understand what examiners are looking for and why this is important- beyond an award application.
- Understand the technical requirements and policies of the Bronze Quality Award process.
- Understand how quality improvement activities build a culture of continuous improvement and high performance work teams.
- Write the draft of your organization's Bronze Quality Award application.
Glenn Bodinson, FACHE, founded BaldrigeCoach to help organizations improve their performance. BaldrigeCoach clients have won 23 Baldrige Awards. In the past nine years, 20 AHCA/NCAL Gold Quality Award recipients and more than 75 AHCA/NCAL Silver Award recipients have used the BaldrigeCoach system.
Kay Kendall spent more than 20 years as a quality executive leading large-scale change initiatives across diverse industries. From 2002 through 2005, Kay served on the Panel of Judges for the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Program after serving as an Examiner and Senior Examiner for the Program for six years. She continues to serve as a Master Examiner for the program. She has been a facilitator of the national training for examiners since 1998. She was a Master Examiner and Team Leader for the AHCA/NCAL Quality Award from 2011 - 2015.
This workshop will be held virtually on Zoom over the duration of two days November 17 and November 18. Participation in both sessions is required. Sessions will be held 2-4 pm CST. Participants will be required to participate on camera and audio.
- Registration is limited to AHCA/NCAL members
- Registration is non-refundable, however substitutions are allowed up to 48 hours before the program
- Participation in this workshop does NOT guarantee award/renewal receipt by AHCA/NCAL
- Registration for a facility includes up to 2 participants. If you would like to request additional participants, please contact the association directly.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE 2021 AHCA/NCAL NATIONAL BRONZE QUALITY AWARD?
- Providers who are or will be members in good standing with AHCA or NCAL at the time of application are eligible to apply. Those who are members in good standing at the time of award notification are eligible to receive the award and the associated feedback repert.
- Skilled nursing facilities, assisted living communities, campus settings.
- Campus settings with multiple levels of services may elect to apply for the entire campus as one or may elect to apply independently for each level of service.
- Skilled nursing facilities must have completed at least one Medicare/Medicaid survey.
WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE?
- Providers who are not members in good standing with AHCA or NCAL at the time of application are not eligible to apply. Those who are not members in good standing at the time of award notification are not eligible to receive the award and the associated feedback report.
- Skilled nursing facilities that have been cited for a regulatory deficiency at the Immediate Jeopardy level or Substandard of Care level in any survey during the past three calendar years.